My New Book!

My New Book!
My New Book!

Sunday, May 1, 2011

April 30-May 1, 2011 [Tribute post 10]: Professor Rachel Tudor

My tribute this weekend is to a colleague I’ve never met but whose very difficult situation deserves our sympathy and support for sure: Professor Rachel Tudor of Southeastern Oklahoma State University. All the info on her story, and on how we can support her fight to keep doing this great gig (that is only less than great when ignorant bullies who don’t have a clue about what we do get involved, as seems to have been the case for Professor Tudor), is in this story:
I can’t pretend to know much of what she has experienced or gone through, in this situation or any other. But I can say this: if somebody sought to deny me the opportunity to teach and work at a university because of any aspect of my personal identity and life, it would be both profoundly horrible and a situation in which I would need all the support I could get. Let’s make sure Professor Tudor has ours.
More tomorrow,
Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment