My New Book!

My New Book!
My New Book!

Thursday, September 15, 2011

September 15, 2011: Speaking of Hypocrisy

I can’t speak with specific authority about the GOP legislators who now control the Pennsylvania State Legislature, but unless their campaigns differed from virtually every other GOP candidate in this past election cycle, they emphasized at the very top of their list of priorities “restoring” and “respecting” the Constitution. Various work for courses and the NEASA conference doesn’t leave me with time at the moment to remark on the Constitutional origins and American histories related to the Electoral College, but I’ll try to provide a couple links below as always, and will leave it up to you to determine whether those Pennsylvania Republicans are indeed restoring and respecting the Constitution here:

More tomorrow,
Ben
PS. Three links to start with:
1)      A great starting point for those origins and histories: http://www.usconstitution.net/consttop_elec.html

2)      Some further historical contexts, as well as arguments in favor of maintaining the electoral college: http://usgovinfo.about.com/library/weekly/aa102200a.htm

3)      OPEN: What do you think?

PPS. Just found out that the Most Valuable Blogger award winners have been announced. I wasn't one of the winners, but that doesn't make me any less grateful for all the support and votes that I got. Thanks so much, and please keep reading and commenting!

No comments:

Post a Comment