My New Book!

My New Book!
My New Book!

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

November 30, 2011: November Recap

November 1: AmericanStudier, I Married Her: In honor of my wife’s birthday, a tribute to five other American women whom I’d have been very lucky to marry.
November 2: Storybook Weddings: Those five were actual historical figures, but as an English professor I’ve got plenty of fictional crushes too, including these five fictional women I’d gladly marry.
November 3: Happily Ever After: Rounding out my wedding series with a post on four exemplary marriages in American texts.
November 4-6: It’s Here!: Celebrating the arrival of the New England American Studies Association’s conference at Plimoth Plantation, on which I had worked for more than a year.
November 7: Moments That Remain 1: The first of a four-part series following up the NEASA conference, this on one Friday evening’s creative reading.
November 8: Moments That Remain 2: The second in the series, on Saturday evening’s Native Plymouth Tour.
November 9: Moments That Remain 3: The third in the series, on the strong and vital undergraduate presence at the conference.
November 10: Moments That Remain 4: The final entry in the series, on the many other moments that stood out and two that will continue into the year to come.
November 11: Veteran Posts: My second annual Veteran’s Day special, this one highlighting a few salient posts.
November 12-13: There Are No Words: My thoughts on the Penn State child rape scandal.
November 14: Kids Say the Darnedest Things 1: I start a week of posts focused on inspiring student voices and moments with a post on a recent paper on Sedgwick and the Cherokee Memorials.
November 15: Kids Say the Darnedest Things 2: The week continues with a post on my very first class as a teacher, and their inspiring reaction after 9/11.
November 16: Kids Say the Darnedest Things 3: The week continues with a post on the impressive multigenerational family history projects that defined my reimagined Ethnic American Literature course.
November 17: Kids Say the Darnedest Things 4: The week rolls on with a post dedicated to the great graduate students in my first-ever grad course.
November 18: Kids Say the Darnedest Things 5: I conclude the week by looking ahead to my five spring courses.
November 19-20: Thanks-Fishing: A post requesting suggestions for my Thanksgiving week series, on American things for which we’re thankful (suggestions still welcome!).
November 21: Giving Thanks 1: Thanks for the innovative, challenging, and essential work of new historians.
November 22: Giving Thanks 2: Thanks for some courageous and inspiring responses to the police brutality at UC Davis.
November 23: Giving Thanks 3: In response to a colleague’s suggestion, thanks for public universities.
November 24: Giving Thanks 4: My Thanksgiving Day post highlights a great Thanksgiving-related essay and then gives thanks for the announcement of a new Bruce and the E Street Band album and tour in 2012.
November 25: Giving Thanks 5: Another great Thanksgiving-related essay, this one authored by a longtime family friend and influence for whom I’m deeply thankful.
November 26-27: Into the Mystic: On the historic site and recreations at Mystic Seaport.
November 28: Bond, Racist Bond?: On Live and Let Die, race, and learning to be analytically critical of things we love.
November 29: Hap-Hazzard: On The Dukes of Hazzard, Southern reactionaries, and how analytical critiques can sometimes change what we love.

More tomorrow,
Ben

PS. Any topics you'd like to see in this space next month?

No comments:

Post a Comment