My New Book!

My New Book!
My New Book!

Saturday, October 26, 2013

October 26-27, 2013: Book Talks to Come

[Now that my year of book talks has kicked off in earnest, wanted to follow up a few of the talks I’ve had the opportunity to give so far, as well as look ahead to the next one and beyond. If you have thoughts, questions, or takes on these talks, such talks in general, or any related issues, I’d love to hear them! And if you were at any of these talks, please say hi and share your thoughts too!]
To round off the series, a handful of upcoming talks and one reason (among many) why I’m excited for each:
1)      Waltham Public Library, Tuesday, November 5th: That’s right, I’ll be spending part of Election Day 2013 speaking in my new hometown, one of the hubs of immigration history in Massachusetts. Can’t beat that with a stick!
2)      Martha’s Vineyard Museum, Thursday, November 21st: I’m not sure I can adequately express the power of giving a talk on Martha’s Vineyard, and in a place so fully associated with my grandfather Art Railton to boot. Let’s just say, yowza.
3)      Wilfred Laurier University, Thursday, January 29th: The first of a couple international talks in the new year, this one (along with another possible Toronto-area talk or two) will force me to think about how the Canadian Exclusion Act relates to my focal points. Can’t wait!
4)      University of Sunderland, Thursday, February 6th: From Canada to the mother country across the pond, where I’ll be participating in a Race in the Americas (RITA) seminar on race and the U.S. Constitution. I promise I won’t become an EnglishStudier, but I might have to do a Britney accent for a while. Consider yourselves warned.
5)      Plimoth Plantation, TBA, April 2014: My year of talks will perhaps wrap up (although I’m always open to new opportunities!) with a chance to share my book as part of Plimoth’s Lunch and Learn series. I won’t pretend like I’m from the 1620s—but I will definitely be inspired by the legacies of Bradford, Tisquantum, and more!
Next series starts Monday,
Ben
PS. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment