My New Book!

My New Book!
My New Book!

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

January 13, 2016: Spring 2016 Previews: Major American Authors of the 20th Century



[Next week brings a new semester, the last of my 11th year at Fitchburg State University. So this week brings a series of spring 2016 preview posts, this time focused on the texts we’ll be reading in my spring courses. I’d love to hear about your spring syllabi, and other spring plans, in comments!]
Honestly, for a course like this the issue is what Marlo Stanfield would call one of them good problems: far, far too many authors and works that I want to teach. Here’s the roster of 7 to which I’ve narrowed it down for the Spring 2016 syllabus (and with which I’ll have the help of a great student Writing Associate):
2)      Richard Wright’s Native Son (1940)
5)      Louise Erdrich’s Love Medicine (1984/1993)
Next spring preview tomorrow,
Ben
PS. What are you teaching/reading this spring? Other spring plans you’d share?

No comments:

Post a Comment