My New Book!

My New Book!
My New Book!

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

May 25, 2016: New Scholarly Books: Teresa Thomas’ American Arabists in the Cold War Middle East



[With the semester done, this week I’ll be getting to work on the final revisions of my forthcoming fourth book. More on that on Friday, but first, I wanted to highlight briefly four new books in American Studies by colleagues and friends. Check ‘em out and share your own book recommendations, please!]
Teresa Fava Thomas is a colleague of mine at Fitchburg State University, where she’s a Professor of History focusing on Italian American histories, immigration and ethnicity, the Vietnam and Cold Wars, and many other topics. But she’s also undergone one of the most impressive mid-career transformations I’ve ever encountered, learning Arabic in order to become an expert on US-Middle East diplomacy and relationships and histories as well. That has resulted in her forthcoming second book, American Arabists in the Cold War Middle East: From Orientalism to Professionalism (2016). Thomas exemplifies scholarly evolution and growth, and her book promises to reflect those qualities and make vital contributions to our 21st century debates.
Last new book tomorrow,
Ben
PS. Other books (new or not) you’d recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment