My New Book!

My New Book!
My New Book!

Saturday, February 4, 2017

February 4-5, 2017: Women and Sports Links



[Each year for the last few, I’ve used Super Bowl week as a platform for a series on sports in America. This week, I’ve AmericanStudied figures and moments related to women in sports, leading up to this weekend post sharing a handful of links to keep that conversation going!]
Jeannie Suk Gersen writes for The New Yorker about another side of Title IX, the issue of transgender bathrooms.
An hour-long conversation between rapper Common and Serena Williams for ESPN’s site on race and sports, The Undefeated.
Dave Zirin writes on his Edge of Sports blog about the WNBA and the #BlackLivesMatter movement.
And a ThinkProgress roundtable with female sportswriters about the issue of online harassment.
Next series starts Monday,
Ben
PS. What do you think? Other women and sports stories or histories you’d share?

No comments:

Post a Comment