My New Book!

My New Book!
My New Book!

Saturday, May 26, 2018

May 26-27, 2018: PBS Documentary on the Chinese Exclusion Act


This coming Tuesday, May 29th, at 8pm PBS’s American Experience series will air The Chinese Exclusion Act, a new documentary from award-winning filmmakers Ric Burns and Li-Shin Yu. I had the chance to see an advance screener of the film, and can’t recommend it highly enough. It’s a vital work that has so much to tell and teach us about both its specific histories and overarching and ongoing national issues and narratives.
I highlighted some of those histories and issues for my most recent Saturday Evening Post piece. They’re likely familiar to readers of this blog, but they, like the film, demand our further attention and engagement.
Hope you get a chance to watch, and please share your thoughts here if you do!
Next series starts Monday,
Ben
PS. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment